Up-date ; )

Update on the Fast - May 31st - Day Four:

I'm not going to lie - it's withdrawal time. This short-lived crossroads, paddling through the surf we'll call it, has found me eating jelly from the jar, swigging soy sauce, and thinking things like, "I can't believe I didn't make myself this or that before starting this" last meals so to speak.

It's very easy to bend the rules at this point in the game, (ah .. for the crunch of a blue corn ship with double fire roasted salsa..) or to get spooked by a little heat and pressure in the head (last night, final two hours of work) or to start looking at calendars to figure out where you'll place that carrot on a stick .. but it's best to set no goals and find your stride ; )

Last night I lied in our tiny hanging bed as juwels twitched into that night 'kick' that let me know she was gone, and I just listened to my stomach .. not quite growling, but more slithering (and when we all say stomach, most times we're talking about our intestines seeing as though they see a lot more of the action.. ) I felt like it was a snake, cleaning itself, shedding its skin .. but in reverse .. ( or something like that ; ) There was no cramps or discomfort, but an activity that literally kept me awake for an extra 45 minutes.

Besides the few sweet and salty extremes that I mentioned above, it's as though this body doesn't want anything (I drank 1/2 a smoothie, but the other half still sits in the fridge) .. I'm kind of just reading the signs as they come, and letting my body make the choices - okay, fresh air and spring water for you today. Handle your business ; ) But I don't think I've hit that point of "still" yet .. but rather that my brain is pouting, like a child who won't eat anything if they can't have exactly what they want.

One slip-up this morning though - as I pulled last night's candles as the sun was just rising, juwels blended us a strong liver tonic - hemp milk blended with dandelion and licorice root served warm .. the roots probably just caught her eye amongst her shelf of bottled herbs .. but around 4pm, after we'd both been feeling like we were forever in the process of waking up from something, one of us remembered the dynamite herbs we'd absentmindedly sipped this morning, and we thought .. 'oh, yeah .... prolly best to leave the liver alone in this state. That physical and emotional strainer needs its own time for focused restoration, and isn't anything to playfully
prod from its sleep...

Happy to report, though, that the tides have changed and energy is up, and now we're just hoping we get enough sleep before our hike to the secret swimming hole in the morn (first of the season !!)

I'm sure we'll have pictures ; )



No comments:

Post a Comment